8:00 am-4:30 pm
Earth Products Yard
Give your orange f(r)iends a positive post-Halloween afterlife.
The County Solid Waste Bureau will be accepting pumpkins for composting as part of its free monthly services on Saturday, Nov. 4, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Earth Products Recycling Yard.
• For Arlington County residents only.
• No commercial establishment drop-offs.
• Remove decorations, candles, paint beforehand.
The Solid Waste Bureau will also accept pumpkins through food scraps drop-off during normal business hours.
The resulting compost is available for Arlington public spaces like parks and to amend topsoil in County projects.
Other services Nov. 4:
- Paper shredding is for residents only (sorry, businesses are not allowed).
- Limit of two boxes (no larger than 18 in. x 11 in. x 10 in.), or two paper bags per customer.
- Acceptable: paper (including staples, paper clips), checks/checkbooks.
- Unacceptable: magazines, catalogs, credit cards, three-ring binders or phone book-sized material.
Inert materials include:
- Ceramic tile
- Masonry block
Only a small pickup truck load or 3 cubic yards of material can be accepted. Brush material is not accepted in the Inert Material Drop-Off Program.