8:00 am-4:30 pm
Earth Products Yard
To be held July 11 because of the Independence Day holiday the previous weekend. Prepare for social distancing, wearing a face cover and other best practices during Covid-19 events.
Yard waste dropoff will also be available at this event.
- Paper shredding is for Arlington County, Virginia residents only (sorry, businesses are not allowed).
- Limit of two boxes (no larger than 18 in. x 11 in. x 10 in.), or two paper bags per customer.
- Acceptable: paper (including staples, paper clips), checks/checkbooks.
- Unacceptable: magazines, catalogs, credit cards, three-ring binders or phone book-sized material.
- Already shredded paper accepted; do not place shredded paper in blue recycling carts as it is too unwieldy for regular sorting.
- In a repeating process, paper is collected in a cart that fills rapidly and is then emptied into the shredder; participants can watch as their contributions are destroyed.
Inert materials include:
- Ceramic tile
- Masonry block
Only a small pickup truck load or 3 cubic yards of material can be accepted. Brush material is not accepted in the Inert Material Drop-Off Program.