Curbside yard cart/bag waste collection temporarily suspended due to truck crew health/staffing during coronavirus. See below for drop-off sites. For larger-scale material like brush and limbs, scheduled curbside pickup remains available.
Limited curbside bulk item trash collection is available but to avoid overwhelming crews, residents must call 703-228-5000 during business hours to schedule a bulk pickup on their trash day. Limited to 150 customers per day. Unscheduled pickups will now remain temporarily suspended. Prepare items properly.
Help Keep Trash/Recycling Service on Track
Arlington’s trash/recycling contractor continues to experience staffing issues due to COVID-19. As a result, some routes recently have not been completed on their scheduled day, requiring a follow-up run the next day. If trash and/or recycling is not collected on your service day, leave the carts at the curb the next day.
If carts have not been serviced by noon the second day, submit a missed collection ticket online or by calling 703-228-5000.
To help ensure their health and safety and maintain our collection schedule, please follow these simple steps:
- Minimize setting extra bags outside the cart.
- Keep your spring cleaning pile in your basement or garage for now.
- Flatten cardboard boxes to create more room in the recycling cart.
- If you have a large quantity of cardboard boxes, drop them off at one of our recycling drop-off sites.
- Drop off glass bottles and jars at a recycling drop-off center instead of throwing it in them in the trash.
- Make an appointment to drop off household hazardous materials Monday through Thursday. Call 703-228-5000 to schedule.
- Grasscycle and let the cut blades feed the lawn.
- Compost or drop off food scraps and other organic waste.
- Drop off yard waste at one of two temporary Arlington County sites (residents and contractors only).
Drop Off Household Hazards by Appointment
Household hazardous items and electronics can be dropped off safely at a County collection site during weekdays with an appointment by calling 703-228-5000 Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.