Don’t Let the Holidays Go to Waste
- Wrapping paper can be recycled if it can be crushed or balled up – but no glitter paper and no metallic paper.
- Tissue paper cannot be recycled (it’s too low-grade) and neither can bows.
- Paper gift bags can be recycled – but no shiny bags and no glitter bags.
- Try to keep and reuse gift bags year after year.
- Reduce waste by wrapping gifts in the newspaper comics section or artsy grocery bags.
- Recycle cards – but not if they have glitter or sound-making devices.
What to Keep Out of the Recycling Cart
- Holiday lights
- Broken ornaments and other decorative pieces
- Cookware and dishes (including disposable plates/utensils)
- Clothing and other fabric
- Bubble wrap (can be deposited in grocery store plastic bag recycling bins)
- Foam packing peanuts
More answers to Where Does It Go?
Christmas Tree Collection
What goes up must come down: The County will take your tree and turn it into mulch.
Inspiration from Baltimore DPW