Materials accepted at Inert Materials and Scrap Metal Drop-Off Facility:
- Ceramic tile (no metal mesh)
- Concrete (no metal rebar, mesh or other metal)
- Masonry block
Only a small pickup truck load or 3 cubic yards of material can be accepted at the Inert Materials and Scrap Metal Drop-Off Facility.
The following is not accepted as part of the Inert Material Drop-Off Program:
- Construction debris (paint, drywall, lumber, etc.)
- Electronic waste (TVs, computers, etc.)
- Bulk waste (furniture, mattresses, etc.)
- General trash
Free Paper Shredding
- First Saturday of each month (barring holidays or cancellations), from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the Inert Materials and Scrap Metal Drop-Off Facility. Please check the calendar of events for specific information or cancellation notices due to inclement weather or holiday closings.
- Paper shredding is for Arlington County, Va. residents only (sorry, businesses are not allowed). Residents must be prepared to show ID with an Arlington address.
- Limit of two boxes (no larger than 18 in. x 11 in. x 10 in.), or two paper bags per customer.
- Acceptable: paper (including staples, paper clips), checks/checkbooks.
- Unacceptable: magazines, catalogs, credit cards, three-ring binders or phone book-sized material.
- In a repeating process, paper is collected in a cart that fills rapidly and is then emptied into the shredder; participants can watch as their contributions are destroyed.
Cart Washing Service – April through November
- Cart washing is for County-provided carts only (Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste).
- Bring carts empty.
- The wash cycle takes approximately 2-3 minutes per cart. Allow time to air dry.
- Available April through November.