Materials accepted at Inert Materials and Scrap Metal Drop-Off Facility:
- Ceramic tile (no metal mesh)
- Concrete (no metal rebar, mesh or other metal)
- Masonry block
Only a small pickup truck load or 3 cubic yards of material can be accepted at the Inert Materials and Scrap Metal Drop-Off Facility.
The following is not accepted as part of the Inert Material Drop-Off Program:
- Construction debris (paint, drywall, lumber, etc.)
- Electronic waste (TVs, computers, etc.)
- Bulk waste (furniture, mattresses, etc.)
- General trash
Free Paper Shredding
- First Saturday of each month (barring holidays or cancellations), from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the Inert Materials and Scrap Metal Drop-Off Facility. Please check the calendar of events for specific information or cancellation notices due to inclement weather or holiday closings. The July 2020 event will be held on July 11 because of the Independence Day holiday.
- Paper shredding is for Arlington County, Va. residents only (sorry, businesses are not allowed). Residents must be prepared to show ID with an Arlington address.
- Limit of two boxes (no larger than 18 in. x 11 in. x 10 in.), or two paper bags per customer.
- Acceptable: paper (including staples, paper clips), checks/checkbooks.
- Unacceptable: magazines, catalogs, credit cards, three-ring binders or phone book-sized material.
- In a repeating process, paper is collected in a cart that fills rapidly and is then emptied into the shredder; participants can watch as their contributions are destroyed.
Cart Washing Service – April through November
- Cart washing is for County-provided carts only (Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste).
- Bring carts empty.
- The wash cycle takes approximately 2-3 minutes per cart. Allow time to air dry.
- Available April through November.