Residents can obtain mulch made from recycled leaves from the County’s fall leaf collection or from wood made from tree trimmings and tree removals in Arlington. Results from third party laboratories who tested our mulch are available for review.
Free Mulch Pickup
While supplies last, residents can pick up free leaf mulch at the following sites:
- Earth Products Yard
Location: 4300 29th St S.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on Sundays and holidays.
- North 26th Street and Yorktown Boulevard
Location: North 26th Street and Yorktown Boulevard
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Prices include delivery. Deliveries are made Mon.-Fri. (except holidays), from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. It’s not necessary to be home at the time of delivery. Provide a valid phone number and/or email address so that we may contact you with any questions regarding your mulch delivery request on the day of delivery. Should any issue arise and our staff is unable to contact you, the material will be delivered as requested or returned if there is any obstacle.
Delivery Location Options
- Curbside: You must have a minimum of 30 feet of open space away from parked cars and low-hanging wires for mulch delivery. If your delivery location is within a no parking zone, mulch will not be delivered. Any mulch left on the roadway or sidewalk must be removed by the resident within 24 hours. Mulch left longer than 24 hours may be removed by the County with no refund.
- Driveway: County vehicles can only deliver within 6 feet to 8 feet of the driveway apron.
- Leaf mulch – 2.5 cubic yards: $50
- Leaf mulch – 5 cubic yards: $75
- Wood mulch – 2.5 cubic yards: $50
- Wood mulch – 5 cubic yards: $75
Full Load, 5 Cubic Yards
Half Load, 2.5 Cubic Yards
Order Mulch Online
Choose delivery date from our online calendar and receive immediate confirmation.
An online order form will automatically appear after you accept the terms and conditions.
If you do not have your account number and use the address option to place your online mulch order, a 5-digit PIN code will be required. Follow the steps on the online order page to receive your PIN code. Mulch deliveries are no longer be accepted over the phone. This includes rescheduling requests due to a desired change in delivery date, load amount, material type, etc. Please use the online order form or follow the steps below to send us the form by fax or mail.
Order Mulch by Fax or Mail
- Download a mulch order form or request one be faxed to you by calling 703-228-5000.
- Fax the completed form to 703-228-6493 or mail to Solid Waste Bureau, 4300 29th St. S., Arlington, VA 22206.
- Upon receipt of your completed form, a customer service representative will contact you to schedule a delivery date.
Cancel or Change an Existing Mulch Request
To cancel a scheduled mulch delivery or change delivery details such as the delivery date, load amount, or material type visit http://solidwaste.arlingtonva.us/Login.aspx and select “Cancel” or “Reschedule a Request”.
In the spring of 2018, the Solid Waste Bureau sent mulch samples to A&L Great Lakes Laboratories, Inc. to test the mulch. The mulch passed, using the test methods for the examination of Composting and Compost established by the U.S. Composting Council. Learn more and view specific results below:
- Fill dirt is no longer available.