Unbundled brush is collected and recycled into wood mulch. Large quantities of brush resulting from the removal of more than one tree or land clearing will not be collected; the homeowner is responsible for its disposal. Brush is collected on your trash collection day.
Schedule a Pickup
Schedule a brush pickup online or call 703-228-6570 (after hours, select option 2). When making the request, stay connected until you receive the confirmation message for your scheduled pickup date. Requests made the same day of your trash collection must be received by 6 a.m. to be processed that day.
Brush collection requests are limited to 150 requests per service day to make sure we complete daily service requests in a safe and timely manner. During periods of peak activity, your request may need to be scheduled for a later date. There are no pickups scheduled during Christmas tree collection (first two weeks of January).
How to Prepare for Pickup
- Brush collection can only be done curbside, and your brush must be 18 inches or less in diameter and 10 feet or less in length.
- Brush must be set out by 6 a.m. on your collection day, but no earlier than 5 p.m. the day before your collection day.
- Place your brush curbside or in the street, not in the yard. Large amounts should be stacked parallel to the curb.
- Don’t put brush under low-hanging power lines or tree limbs; there must be an overhead clearance of approximately 25 feet.
- Don’t place brush by parked cars. The truck needs a minimum 10-foot clearance from cars to avoid possible damage.
- Don’t stack brush against any fixed objects like poles, posts, fences, walls or buildings.
- Don’t mix lumber or other trash with the brush.
- Tree stumps can’t be collected as brush.