Unbundled brush is collected and recycled into wood mulch. Large quantities of brush resulting from the removal of more than one tree or land clearing will not be collected; the homeowner is responsible for its disposal. Brush is collected on your trash collection day.
Schedule a Pickup
Brush collection requests are limited to 150 requests per service day to make sure we complete daily service requests in a safe and timely manner. During periods of peak activity, your request may need to be scheduled for a later date. There are no pickups scheduled during Christmas tree collection (first two weeks of January).
How to Prepare for Pickup
- Brush collection can only be done curbside and brush must be loose and unbundled, NOT contained in a bag or collection container.
- Brush must be 18 inches or less in diameter and 10 feet or less in length.
- Brush must be set out by 6 a.m. on your collection day, but no earlier than 5 p.m. the day before your collection day.
- Place your brush directly on the curbside or at the edge of the street, not in the yard.
- Do not place brush in carts, bags or boxes – it must be exposed and visible as brush to driver. Large amounts should be stacked parallel to the curb.
- Don’t put brush under low-hanging power lines or tree limbs; there must be an overhead clearance of approximately 25 feet.
- Don’t place brush by parked cars. The truck needs a minimum 10-foot clearance from cars to avoid possible damage.
- Don’t stack brush against any fixed objects like poles, posts, fences, walls or buildings.
- Don’t mix lumber, trash, or yard clippings (e.g. grass, leaves, prunings, etc.) with the brush.
- Tree stumps can’t be collected as brush.